Louis van Gaal agreed to replace Sir Alex Ferguson!

Ojo_Feliz
Great Supporter
Great Supporter

Louis van Gaal agreed to replace Sir Alex Ferguson!

Messaggio da leggereda Ojo_Feliz » 11/10/2009, 1:29

Louis van Gaal has revealed that he agreed to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson as Manchester United.

The only problem was that in 2002 Fergie staged a spectacular U-turn on his retirement plans and the Dutch coach’s ambition to become United boss was wrecked.

Van Gaal, now Bayern Munich boss, reveals his tie-up with United in the autobiography he launched last week.

He said: “It was before the World Cup of 2002. I was in contact with Manchester United through Peter Kenyon [then chief executive, above].

“It was said to me that Alex Ferguson was going to retire.

“The moment he’d go, I’d succeed him. But in the end Ferguson didn’t want to quit!’’ Van Gaal, who would have loved the United job, had led Ajax to two Champions League Finals and had also been boss of the Holland national side.

This was the time when United also courted Sven Goran Eriksson, who had led England to the World Cup finals that summer.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Lo ... 85395.html

Nella sua autobiografia Van Gaal rivela che aveva già l'accordo per rimpiazzare Ferguson nel 2002....
Bè, illuso.... :asd: :asd: E' da quando è sulla panchina dello United che Ferguson dice ogni anno che si ritira :asd: :asd: E lui ci ha creduto: boccalone! :asd: :asd: :asd:
Sarebbe stata comunque una scelta curiosa e forse stravagante quella di affidarsi a Van Gaal, che in quel periodo era reduce dal fallimento totale sulla panchina dell'Olanda, quando mancò incredibilmente la qualificazione ai Mondiali.

Torna a “Man Utd”